Luna by Josandra Review

4:56 PM Posted by Courtney B








"Josandra Armillas is the designer behind the namesake collection Luna by Josandra. A New York native, Josandra spent her formative years in Manhattan’s West Village, studying art under the tutelage of her mother, a lingerie designer for Christian Dior, and dance at the Joffrey Ballet. After graduating from Parsons School of Design, Josandra worked with Catherine Malandrino and J Mendel before launching a line of edgy, provocative, yet affordable designs in Spring 2008. The collection is characterized by highly feminized, fluid styles, and takes pleasure in surprising details: the never-before-seen print, the delicate pleat, the perfect drape-elements that transform clothing into wearable art. "



Summer is coming up pretty soon, which means time to go shopping for adorable warm weather clothing. Luna by Josandra caught my eye in a recent fashion magazine, so I thought I would look further into their company. I was impressed by their stunning Summer 2011 line, which includes stylish dresses and off the shoulder tops. I've been very into ruffles lately, and Luna by Josandra is not only full of them for full of different fun exciting colors and prints.

























My favorite piece from their collection, well was a toss up between the two above dresses. They are the same dress just different patterns. I eventually decided I liked the black and white better, and I thought it would be more Summer friendly. I also liked that it could be worn casual (as seen below) or can be done up for a more fancier look, if worn with heels and jewelry.


(Click to enlarge)










Luna by Josandra was also featured in People's May Style Watch. No surprise there!







Luna by Josandra's dresses are gorgeous, and the best part is it looks adorable right now, and I think it will still be wearable once my belly starts to show a bit more. To find out more about Luna by Josandra or where you can buy their clothing, visit their website and also check them out on Facebook. Luna by Josandra is my favorite company I've reviewed so far this year, and I can't wait to see what they come out with in the Winter time.










Disclosure: A press sample was sent to me for consideration from PR for the purpose of this review. All opinions are my own. No monetary compensation was received.

1 comments:

  1. Keenly Kristin said...

    You look super adorable in this outfit...one of my favorites yet!

    Kristin :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I look forward to reading every single one. If you are entering a giveaway please leave your email address or make sure it is visible in your profile.

PLEASE no spam!!!